Career's Fair

Monday 15 October 2007

Today, had to be one of the longest days even though I didn’t go into uni that long as like I usually do on Tuesday. After my first lecture ended ½ hour early, we went to a talk about “Life as an Accountant”, and Deloitte people were talking to us. How sweet is that! One of the big fours was talking to us guys lol!!! One really unusual information I found out is that you don’t need any work experience nor industrial placement to apply for Deloitte, however it’s probably a process of CVs and doing online tests … ugh! You need 220 UCAS points as well as first or 2:1 degree in any course. ( I doubt I will ever get a 2:1 in my degree haha!!!).

I spent like 2hours doing nothing, well looking at Grant Thornton website about what to ask them when I see them at 6pm at a talk. But still after a while of looking on the website for info, nothing I really need to ask them at all.

But instead of just wasting another hour before Grant Thornton presentation, me and my older cousin went to the gym to do extra FabAbs session as my cousin wants to do Aerocombat on Wednesday instead.

For some reason, this time round I wasn’t so tired after doing all the tense workout to make the fabby abs go bie bie. But whilst I was doing some of the workout, ugh nasty thing I saw when I glanced on the floor… it was some nasty piece of cut off toenail someone had left behind D: It made me want to puke! So I just closed my eyes during the rest of the workout.

Grant Thornton presentation was making me so sleepy, I almost dozed off whilst he was talking… crap, but I didn’t fall sleep though, I'm glad. After the presentation, we stayed behind to talk to the Accountants and whilst we were in the room. I saw some people gathering around this table and when I saw some people with something shiny I said out loud, “Oooh, sweety!!!”. But it turned out to be better than a sweety, it was a usb stick… but it wasn’t that big of a size (128mb only =S ). Also there was a Grant Thornton logo on a Parker Pens too. So I grabbed that too, there was only 2left and so my cousin and I got it. There was some other people came after us but they didn’t get the free Parker Pens mwahahaaaa!!!

I think this company requires graduates to do work experience >:S Also, they only recruit 6/7 people per branch.

After I came back home, whilst I was doing homework due tomorrow, my younger cousin kept bugging me by constantly coming into my room and messing my stuff up! Grrr, if I say leave me alone, that means leave me alone yo! Only time I got time for myself was after dinner, as she(my younger cousin) was bugging her parents instead. But my aunt got her books now, The ButterFly Book about phonics for my younger cousin and “Don’t go to Work on Mondays” book for my brother's xmas present. Guess what, she was going so totally to the price down to the last pennies. She should give me some profit for getting it online for her D: and giving her some discount on one of the books with my NUS Extra card tsk!

Got any tips for keeping kids out of my room apart from getting a lock for the door? I thought I might try to block the door with a chair, but they would try breaking down the door instead and that's no good.

0 comments: