Database exam

Thursday 17 May 2007

Happy Birthday to my friend, A who finally turned 19!

Today was our exam for database module starting at 9am. I arrived at the destination of where the exam was taking place, the computing labs. (Since we had to use the SQL on the computers).

I didn't give anything to A today on her birthday as I was mainly revising my socks off yesterday copying codes and all sorts ... Anyway, I think she did realise that herself. But to honour her turning 19 today, at the hour of today (12am) I texted her about 10text messages saying happy birthday in different ways lol!

Anyway, we went into exam which was going to be for 2hours. At the start of the exam, what the ... !???!!! Everyone started panicking already because of stupid SQL database wouldn't work on our usernames. During this time, I saw our lecturer like banging his head on the wall, thinking about probably how shit this is already gone. After like a few minutes, they fixed the problem but still some people couldn't get on. I could give you the basics of how the exam questions was since I don't remember everything of that paper:
All the questions was based on the SQL database stored in the computer.

Question 1, about drawing a ER Diagram of the SQL (I did crap in that question since I didn't know how to draw it and didn't know how much to write in it. Also it was worth 10points!).

Question 2, about certain definition like primary key, composite key, foreign key, and using it for examples. (I want to crawl into a ball now).

Question 3, about something like database transaction, and using the SQL to illustrate some of the answers. (I didn't know the answer at all! Wah!!!).

Question 4, about what was wrong with the queries to alter the SQL database. ( I know for sure that the last part of this question went wrong since I didn't know what was wrong with the query).

Question 5, about doing certain queries to get specific answers. ( I think I did okay in this bit though, the last part of this question was rushed since I didn't know how to get the query, until I realised that I forgot to do add something onto the query, and it was at the last minutes before time was up).

Question 6, about adding certain stuff on the SQL database and having to write the SQL formula on paper. (don't think I got many marks for this question).

The exam overall I thought it was so much better than yesterday's Economics exam. But I think 2hours is not enough to do all those questions especially on computers. We had like 10minutes extra because of the problem of SQL not working for everyone at the start. The weird thing was that one person left very early during the exam, it wasn't even an hour into the exam and I think the person had finished already. Dang, that must be some very geeky boy or perhaps he didn't know any and just guessed it all?

Just found out that I did totally crap in my exam!!! Look at what the lecturer wrote on the database module newsgroup about what qu4 does:

"

The queries were, for example, adding an order for a product that did not exist, deleting a product for which there were orders, or setting a despatched date for an order to a date before it was placed.
They were thus all breaking integrity rules.
"

What the eck?!? The whole bloody question was to find out if it existed or not?!?!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHH!!!! I didn't do anything like that at all!!! D': ... poo.

0 comments: