Day in York

Saturday 15 March 2008

Today, is the day we decided just out of the blue that we shall go to York to relax out.

It was a nice weather for a day out even though it said it was going to rain in York and in Leeds too.
So we got our fare to travel which costed me an arm and an leg, £9.50! I'm not made out of cash! We got there, we didn't know where town was, so we just wondered around looking at the scenery as well as the sign post to town. It is so much different to Leeds all the way. Leeds is too modern whilst York has a nice feel of historic moment. We got lost for over an hour and went to the wrong direction into some other road which just leads us to houses and some sweet scent of chocolate from an unknown area. After we found the main town shops, just went exploring around the shops. We had nothing really to buy, well I have to buy shoes aka trainers soon as my 2pairs of trainers have got holes in them.

I so wanted to go to Bettys as it's so pretty and I've never been there but we didn't go in since we weren't hungry for that type of food. We were hungry of pub lunch lol! We wondered around as we didn't know where the pubs were in town, but found one which looked pretty decent. I can't remember what the pub was called but I think it was probably the "Swan" pub. I had £5.50 burger with chips on the side. So delicious and filling too. My friend who ordered the same, didn't eat all the food on the plate, she left the salad at the end. Tsk, what a waste of food.

After our bellies were filled with yumminess, we went shopping again but finally people bought stuff. But I thought it was abit pointless of them buying the stuff they bought: Scarf, a bag and chocolate. Okay, chocolate okay since you want to try the chocolate of York. But what's the point buying another bag when you have so many already? Same goes with the scarf, money just goes to waste for stuff you would only use only a few times and tossed aside for the odd days. But we did do something together in a way to remember our time in York... Caricature. I had to go first since they dibbed not to go first, grrr.


Man, this picture of me doesn't look like me but they got my nose right, round. The forehead is suppose to be way bigger but I think the artist has to think what would make the customer happy enough with their picture of them.

We went to the famous Shambles street, you should see how the buildings are so bent out of place. So many historic style buildings, I'm surprised why don't Leeds have any of the olde style buildings? Did Leeds just destroy all the old buildings to make it all modern? I guess the way they made the buildings in York and Leeds were different even though they are just a town away from each other or so.

Train home was okay, very fast 15minutes and back in Leeds Train Station. York weather was good, but then we got back to Leeds chucking it down with rain.

0 comments: