Are you for real?

Thursday 31 July 2008

On Tuesday my dad rang me to check up some stuff for his takeaway menus; as my dad decided to get a printing business to print out all the menus.

As my sister was doing the menu adjustments and such so she would print it out on our home printer to save money. But my dad just decided to go with a business as it's similar price to all the printer inks and paper cost.


So the printing business faxed me a copy to check if it's okay to be printed. I had to check it all through to each word and prices. I didn't think there would be any mistakes since my sister had already did the adjustments of price for them. All they had to do was set it up on a page and print.


However I was wrong about having no mistakes, as there were a couple of mistakes; one mistake that would totally make us lose money in my dad's takeaway. These were the mistakes made:

1. One of the price of the food was 10p lower than it should be.
2. A missing "&" sign between the words.
3. A missing ")" closing bracket.


I guess the business doesn't check for mistakes but only create more mistakes than it should. Okay, the 2nd and 3rd mistake can be made by accident but the 1st mistake is totally unacceptable.


So next time you go to print something off, check ever SINGLE detail!

0 comments: