Sainsbury's

Saturday 31 October 2009

Today, I had the interview for General Assistant at Sainsbury's.

I asked my dad to drive me on Thursday as I would not have the time to do a test run of how long it would take me to Sainsbury's on the bus; since I had to go to volunteer at RSPCA on Friday mornings. So yesterday night, I was hoping my sister would come back home straight away after closing up. But nope, it took her a while to come back; closes at 12midnight and usually takes 30minutes drive to home but it was 00:50 when she came back, because she had to also drive someone else home who lives in Pudsey.

So, it was 01:30 when I got the chance to leave my nephew with his mother.

The interview was to start at 9:30am, so I woke up at 7:00 to get prepared and make my usual egg sandwiches to eat for breakfast. 08:30 left home with my dad driving me there.
Hmm, 09:00 still got plenty of time before interview, so went shopping with my dad in Sainsbury's.
09:15, enough waiting time to go to the customer service desk to ask for interviewer. I was told to follow a security man since he was going to the staff canteen.
09:17, hmm sat at the canteen waiting for the interviewer (head of the department I applied for).
09:30, met with the interviewer and walked with her to a training room. Talking about what the job is, how many people in that department, discounts and schemes. She just asked me several questions about my previous employment and if I enjoyed it and also about what am I doing currently. I was going to ask her questions about "Training and Overtime" but she gave me all the answers before she asked if there were any questions.
09:50, I was asked to watch a dvd with an booklet which I had to write in. Dvd is split into 4sections; mainly about scenarios and numeracy. The interviewer said the dvd would run for about 30minutes.
10:25, finish answering the booklet therefore finish interview.

I decided to explore the mall where Sainsbury's was part of, the mall was not very exciting. I would prefer town to this mall.

0 comments: