Smoking on the bus

Sunday 31 May 2009

What would you do if you suspect someone is smoking on the bus?

If it is illegal to smoke on the buses now.

I just suspected someone was smoking on the bus today whilst on the bus home. As I was getting on the bus to a seat there was no smoke smell to be detected. Until when this person came on who smelt distinctly of smoke; I was not suspecting him since they could have had a smoke before going on the bus.

Then few minutes later, smoke smell very strong. I did not know if someone was actually smoking on the bus. (Since I was sat on the top deck of the bus). So I looked behind me to see if anyone was smoking because it was a strong smell, they I suspected the smoking-smell man as he looked at me with a look saying "I got nothing, I did nothing wrong".

I knew that I had to get away from this smoke as it was so strong, so decided to sit at the bottom deck. During the rest of the journey, I was thinking about what to do about this situation. As I was only suspecting that someone was smoking and that might not be true. Also, if I told the driver at this point the smoking-suspected man might come to me and attack me based on the fact about that person who got killed for confront another person for throwing chips. He might also be an arse, who thinks that "a chinese got me thrown out of the bus, must not like all chinese at all because of this". He might also come after me after I get off the bus. This driver might be a smoker himself, so he might not think that another person smoking is a big deal.

Yes, I know I think alot of different situations when it might not be a big deal to just tell the bus driver that I might be suspecting. But I did not want this situation to affect anyone else but him.

So in the end, I did nothing. By the time I thought about this situation I had to get off the bus.

Damn. I am not a hero at all and never will be as I am too much of a scaredy cat. Pow!

[created on 28-05].

0 comments: