Sleep Separation day 1

Wednesday 28 April 2010

I did his normal routine of bath time, reading a book, a hug and telling him goodnight. I also made a bottle of warm water for him to drink for if he needs to drink after crying and screaming.

8:50 into bed, drinking his bottle.

8:57 crying begins. He kept crawling up on his cot peering to see me and he also sat back down trying to reach me through the cot. He kept rubbing his feet on his mattress whilst crying.

9:17 He went for his bottle of water and then continues crying. He tries in between this time to lay down the mattress twice.

9:20 He stopped crying and just sits there looking around and lays down couple of times on his bed in either side of his cot. Tries to lay down and drink his bottle but fails a couple of times but eventually he figures it out. He just lays on the cot looking around and lifting his feet in the air.

9:30 He stands up one more time and accidentally drops his bottle on the floor, so he gets back down into his cot and lays down on his front, but he didn't feel comfortable so he adjust his duvet slightly and lays back down. Eventually he closes his eyes.

9:35 fast asleep.

I sat close enough next to the cot but not close enough for him to touch me, which almost happened. Man, I wonder how long this would take and how fast he would know. Or would he not like me so much tomorrow.

0 comments: