Put baby to sleep on their own.

Thursday 22 April 2010

Everytime my nephew was tired, all we did was use the Rocking Bouncer chair until he was 6months then he did not like the bouncer after 6months old. So we had to carry him, rocking him to sleep.

When he was about 4months, I introduced a bedtime routine but I stopped due to my sister getting home at 1am and my nephew would have had enough sleep from 7pm, as he wanted to play with his mother when she gets home. There was no sleeping arrangements of where he took his nap.

Now, he is 10months we thought it was time for him to Sleep on his own. About 2weeks ago, I introduced a routine of his day which he has stuck to it perfectly.

0800 Baby wakes up.
0830 Baby breakfast.
1200 Nap time.
1300 Wake baby up from nap time.
1330 Baby lunch (Only because we eat at that time for lunch too).
1530 Nap time.
1730 Wake baby up from nap time.
1800 Baby dinner.
1945 Baby snack of fruit.
2030 Bath time, story time, then bedtime.
2230 Make baby feed for him to drink whilst he's asleep in cot.

Bed time would be about 9pm.

We still rock him to sleep but at the same room as his cot is at.

I am going to introduce him to sleep on his own this following Tuesday beginning with his bedtime. Then the following day, for his nap time as well as bedtime.

Since we have been rocking him to sleep, we decided to make my nephew less distressful during sleeping time, we shall stay in the room next to his cot and gradually move closer to the door away from his cot. It's going to be tiring for me, as I am the only one at home looking after him whilst his parents are at work, bah.

I will keep posting on how each day is and how it went of sleeping on his own.

0 comments: