Bottle feed

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Since my sister did not have enough milk for my nephew to feel full, he kept crying for more. So we decided to go buy baby formula, Aptamil which was suppose to be similar to breast milk to a certain extent of not express directly from the breast.

We used a bottle we got free to try after we cleaned it several times and sterlised it too, it is called Breastflow bottle. Which is suppose to act like a breast nipple style bottle. Only trouble about this bottle style is the formula gets stuck between the 2 part teat. Other than that, I would recommend people to buy. There was at one point where you can get it for free, but now the offer had expired or over exceeded the amount of people wanting it.

My sister bought Avent Bottle Sterliser from tesco which you get some sterlising packets to sterlise the sterliser at time to time to keep it clean. You also get other items like bottles, pacifiers and stuff to clean the bottles with.

We borrowed my aunt's bottle warmer so we can make the formula in advance and put it in the fridge until my nephew wants a feed. DO NOT KEEP PREMADE FORMULAS FOR MORE THAN 24HOURS! We never keep it if it goes over 24hours but that has never happened yet as baby keeps drinking all the formulas so we have to make more. We are currently using Avent Bottle warmer. I know most stuff are Avent but only because of my aunt likes this company.

0 comments: